Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

AFCAD2 to build roads? FS2K4?

Guest craigjjs

I am trying to add some roads to simulate tunnels that MS missed in the Chesapeake Bay. Someone suggested I use AFCAD2 to build the roads. Has anyone used AFCAD2 this way. It seems to simplify placement by linking it to FS9 with FSUIPC. I didn't see any roads in my brief look at the program and guide. Would you use modified runways for this purpose?I suspect Ground2K4 is best for this, but I have been unsuccesful using it for anything. I must be doing something wrong with the map coordinates or something. I followed the beginners tutorial, but after compiling the scenery it would never show up on FS9. I don't know whether it is in the wrong part of the world (I can't find it) or just didn't compile right. What are the common errors in Ground2K4 by novices such as myself? I also saw a dll file in the library. Do I need it when I have Ground2K4 and am designing for FS9. Thanks.

Ground2K would be better for this.I have used AFCAD2 to simulate roads that cross over taxiways and apros, but it is totally unsiuitable for creating a road network over an extended region. Ground2K is the tool you want to use for this.- Martin