Sign in to follow this  
Guest VideoAce

fs_2004_gmax_setup_sdk , have a question.

Guest Larrycx

hi,I downloaded the filename in the subject line from MS along with the new scenery SDK. Gmax_setup is a game pack for Gmax. At least now I can export a mdl file. I made a poor model and exported it to desktop. Then moved it to my BGLcomp folder and it compiled. Changed its extension to txt and found I can edit and compile. (It dosn't show up in FS however) - that is not my question.The SDK also has a *.doc tutorial. I don't have MS Word but do have Wordstar V11. WS opens the doc file but either it has a problem with most BUT NOT ALL of the illustrations in the file. (I can't even find it right now!) Question: can any of you open it and see all the illustrations which I think are screenshots from Gmax at each of the steps? The tutorial builds a dandy house but I only got part of it right which I exported as a scenery mdl file. I edited it asnd put in my coordinates, compiled it and put it in addon Scenery in FS2004.Is this a WordStar vs MS Word problem? Help, Help - It would help me a lot with my learning Gmax now taht there is a way to get it into FS2004.Please, Larry Costa:-zhelp

Guest Larrycx

Thanks Alun, I am downloading the Word viewer from your link. The site says that the viewer may not work with some later version Word documents. I will soon see. I don't know if or not I will buy Word if the viewer dosn't work. We havn't needed it so far in years & years. In any event you answered my question when you said that you can see all of the doc file.Incidenty I havn't been able to duplicate getting a mdl file that I can edit out of Gmax. I had MDLcommander in Gmaxplugins, removed it and reinstalled it. Trouble is I'm not sure when things worked. I will play. Last step I couldn't get MDLcommander to work.Larry Costa

Guest VideoAce

Larry,If the viewer does not work, try using wordpad. This comes with all MS operating systems. Bill