Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomcjones

Adding roads with G2k4

HelloIm new with G2k4 but I have successfully made exclude files with F2k4 to exclude those FS2004 road. I have also sucessfully made LC files to change the ground texture.But, I have tried to add roads and I just cannot make it work.I click on the New Object icon, then click on a point on the map which puts me into the Polygon/Line screen. I select line/lake shore which higlits the lines tab. I select the type of road from the list, width,etc then click ok. I then draw the line where I want my road. I compile but the road never appears in FS2004.Im doing something wrong and need your comments.Tom Jones

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tom - Hi, I just completed my first roads this week and mine worked fine but you may want to check and see if your new roads are still on the default Layer 32... If they are, and you already excluded the default roads, you won't see your new roads either, as you've already excluded them too, by not changing your new roads to say, Layer 33... Go check with your Object Selection tool and see what layer your new roads are set to...

Thanks brick, I finally added some new roads but they look identical to the default roads which is why I wanted to change the default roads in the first place. I will use Architect to put in new roads as well as airport scenery.ThanksTom Jones