Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

What is SceneGenX ?

HiI've been following some recent posts and stumbled on using SceneGenX.I have been using AFcad and Gmax with some success. I get the impression that SceneGenX might be a compatible tool for FS2004 scenery work. Please enlighten me.Larry Costa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SceneGenX is the first of the modern airport (and other scenery) design tools for FS2004, although it is is alpha stage at the moment. It allows you to create an airport using the same methods as AFCAD2, but you can also include default library objects, and your own library objects.This is the sort of thing that the old airport design tools used -- create the facilities, add objects in the form of macros or APIs, but instead it produces FS2004-type facilities and uses library objects instead of APIs.SceneGenX is from the same guys that produced Airport For Windows, so it should shape up to be a quality product when it is finished. You can download it from the AFW site:http://www.airportforwindows.com/downloads.html

Thanks for the enlightenment. I will download it for study only until its more complete. I didn't have much luck with some of the FS2000/2004 stuff in FS2004. I am using some LWM/VTP things for ponds & lakes. I am getting fairly well along with XML and BGLcomp scenery objects. The multiple formats used in the earlier tools have me confused. For example the FS2000/2002 SDKs which I understand will make code that will still work in FS2004 but which I don't understand yet. Thanks again.Larry