Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Ground2K4 Bridge Limits...?

Guest bnick

Quick one... Is there a limit to the number of bridges Ground2K4 allows us...?Our city now, incorrectly has, 2 FS9 default bridges, where it used to, correctly have, in FS2K, 9 bridges in our downtown area...I've already added 2 bridges out at our Airport, again replacing the ones Microsoft had incorrectly removed in FS9...Now in a whole new Ground2K4 file I'm trying to add 5 new bridges to our downtown area, and it only lets me add, 1 Rail Road bridge, and nothing else, except flat roads which don't cut it for bridges...I'm just wondering if I have too many Ground2K4 roads nearby in another Scenery directory, which I wouldn't think would affect it...Also what Line/Poly layer should I be using for bridges as well as what Scasm layer should I also use... I've been using their suggestion of Layer 33 for roads in the line/poly box, and layer 16 for Scasm like it defaults to...Thanks Everyone...Bob

Guest JoeW

Bob.... I don't know how you are placing these with Ground2k4 but i have placed 4 at once in scenery. One that I placed was 9 miles long ( Not in the same scenery as the 4).The process I use is to place a bridge and save and compile and go look in FS9, leaving Ground2k4 running in the background. When that one is correct I place another, and anothet using the same procedure as the first one, saving and compiling as I go.There is another thread on this somewhere in this forum.Joe W.

Guest bnick

Joe - Thanks for your input... I too have added up to 8 bridges side by side in another Ground2K4 file, all at once, and then compiled one time only, and they appeared in FS9 just fine, with pretty much the default Scasm layer 16 and line/poly layer of 33, which is one layer up from the default road layer 32, which I was also excluding...Seems no matter what I do and how I recreate a whole new drawing I am only allowed one bridge in this area... I also deleted all my excludes completely and turned off all my add-on scenery except this bridge scenery and still it lets me create only one bridge...If I turn all the bridges I'm trying to add into just plain roads they all show up perfectly where I drew them...There are also 2 default bridges very close by that I have not excluded as I want to keep them, I'm wondering if Ground2K4's bridges cannot exist in close proximity to Microsoft bridges...I'm just not sure what layering I should be using for both the Scasm and, Line/Poly, layer prompts in Ground2K4.ThanksBob

Guest JoeW

Try placing am "A" in the leading part name of the exclude. ie " A_I75_excl.bgl" That wil remove the existing brige before the new one is loaded. Also.. A friend had a problem with some excludes and the above didn't work, so he moved the exclude files to the Add-on sceneryscenery folder.. he clames that works. I havent had to go to that extream yet.Joe W.