Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Taxiway Sign Help

Guest BobL

Hi AllI've been using AFCAD and TTTools to edit some of the AI around my FS installation and find that the taxiway signs being left in the middle of the taxiway are becoming more and more irritating to me.I did a search here of the forum for editing these things but the results I got back returned instructions that require a background in programming which I don't have. Writing a string of xml instructions to be compiled is not something I can do.AFCAD readme indicates that a future update is to add the ability to add/edit/delete both taxiway signs as well as default buildings.Two questions:Any one know the progress of those features?Is there an idiot proof way (spell that almost WYSIWYG - like AFCAD is) to edit the taxiway signs without having to reconstruct the entire airport with ASD or AFW?? All I want to do is move them and in a few cases edit what they say.Thanks in advance for answering these questions.BobL

Guest PhilC

I don't know how you can go about editing them but if you can exclude them there is a easy-to-use program out there that will allow you to create new ones. The file name is creatsign.zip by Vladim

Guest BobL

So, how would one go about excluding just the taxiway signs??Thanks for pointing me to that file. I think I'm going to try an email to the author of AFCAD as well.BobL