Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilM

The new Weather _SDK : What will it bring?

Guest PhilM

Does this "really" mean dynamic weather, as the SDK.docsays is possible?It looks pretty cool with the Graphical interface an all.May even give it a try myself. :-bla

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Now what I *really* need is the real-world version. It's been tippin' it down here for ages. Find a GUI for that and you'll have my complete attention.Come to think of it though, it's unlikely to be provided by Microsoft, is it? A weather control app would be more likely to come for Solaris. (Sun, geddit?)Sorry, slow afternoon :+Cheers,Jim Keir

Guest PhilM

What!! Jim....a million Sq K's not enough for ya?"This means that you can create a rich, dynamic weather experience that covers an area of over a million square kilometers! "This would have to be the Coolest FS tool I have ever used.Just had a quick muck around with it, and saw the best weatherI have seen to date on FS9.And I don't even know what dew point means.... :)

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I'm trying to make my own themes with the SDK, and other than a few bugs concerning blank cells (they're set in the editor) once in a while, it works pretty well. Not the most forgiving of editors though, and could use a shitload of enhancements - still, it works. Nothing like flying a midlevel VFR flight from perfect weather into gradually deterioating weather from preset cells containing lowering cloudbase and increasing tops, with icing in the top parts. Activating dynamics generates lowlevel stratus as well, if dew spread is set correctly. Cumulus if turbulence in cell (I think).Gawd this is fun, and most of all; makes for some challenging VFR flights :D :D