Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldraisin

Architect and PolyB - placing VTP2 over tile boundary?

Guest pehje

I moved from FSSC to FS Architect. Still trying to create a nice VTP2 based piece of land for my airport, ESKB in Stockholm. I happen to have a tile-boundary going straight through the area, and I read PolyB instructions and tested (both with FSSC and Architect btw). Same strange inconsequent results...or more likely I

Guest oldraisin

Per,It has been a while since I did this, but I think you do not want them to overlap, just butt up against the boundary. Make sure each poly is totally in just one tile to be sure. The blending nature of the polys should cover up the boundary.This is a problem I did not have time to address in PolyB, although I don't think it would take rocket science to fix it, just time programming. PolyB is a utility that I hope has a short life span, meaning that programs like FS Architect and others will get the capability of making VTP2 polys internally. But in the meantime, it is a quick fix. PolyView may last a lot longer.Hope that helps.Best Regards,Jim

Guest pehje

Thanks. I will try that. My feeling right now is that those VTP2s are a bit sensitive...some of them behave strangely even when on one tile only. No crossing lines, nothing odd, but they still sort of suddenly just draw back home, skipping over a number of points. The grass ones also are a bit transparent for some reason.Will keep trying. ;-)Per

Guest oldraisin

Per,Are you using FS2004 or FS2002? Some of the textures don't work in 2002.Regards,Jim

Guest pehje

FS2004.I experimented more yesterday after you advice. Made two simple polygons with 095 grass in FS Architect. ALso used Grid-something to put lines on tiles etc. Also used TDCalc2004 to get exact coordinate of tile boundary. Zooming in in FS2004 I could actually see the tile boundary I think...Using all that info in backgrounds and reference points in FS ARchitect I lined the two up as close as possible to the boundary. One of them, on the southern side, compiled and rendered nicely all the time, even after moving it even closer...The on on the north side behaved strangely. Losing points, getting out of shape. I tried moving it away from the boudary but no difference. I never got them to render correctly and line up without a narrow open area between them.Still not successful.Per

Guest oldraisin

Per,Try making a second FS Arch project, located in the North tile. then draw in the poly there and see what happens. FS Arch must be referencing dimensions from the first tile, but don't know why that would matter. The other possible problem might old bgls from previous edits.I recall making mine work by using FSSC, before I bought FS Arch.You could also send me your FS Arch ".act" file via email.Best regards,Jim

Guest pehje

SUCCESS!!I must have been tired yesterday. I deleted the little nasty old bgl from my scenery folder. AND pressed reset in PolyB to make sure it compiles the right thing. And there it is, perfect connection. Two polygons as close as possible to the tile boundary. The smooth edges in the FS rendering takes care of the last inches or whatever it might be.Thanks for support. Moving on.Per

Guest oldraisin

Per,Glad you got it solved. I have just verified that it works also, and just to pin it down I will upload the screen shot. It uses texture 136, which looks like old snow, gypsum, or "crumbling concrete":+ I include a screen shot to nail it down for the those "reading the mail". http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/75531.jpg