Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronson2k

Runway Under Water?

Okay I have two scenery files. BCBases and Mr. Holdgers Meshs of British Columbia. I know that I shouldn't combine them as to the request of the person that did the bases but I did. Know the problem.The new lake altitude that Mr. Holder has is the correct altitude for the Shuswap Lake and the runway from the BCBases is now to low. I've been in AFCAD and I can alter the altitude of the BGL that came with the bases but it doesn't effect the runway altitude. Just the aircrafts altitude.Question is there a way to 'easily' raise the altitude of the runway to the altitude of the lake solving the problem or do I have to redo the BCBase BGL file to make a new runway? I have to say that I'm thinking of that anyway from a scenery standpoint Salmon Arm is quite bare if you'll pardon the pund and I would like to livin it up abit. However in the mean time is there a program that I could use to alter the altitude to atleast make the Float Base usuable. I would guess that the other bases in the package that are in the same area's that Mr. Holder's scenery are also in a less then usuable state and I would also correct them aswell.Any help would be appreciated.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can we assume that you altered ALL the elevation values in AFCAD? Not just the airfield but the values for every runway as well?boneshttp://fsaviation.net

That's what I did. But the runway and associated scenery are still below the lake. In AFCAD the runway is shown at 1120 when the plane is on the lake it is 1132 as it is also shown on the WAC chart I have of the area. Mr. Holdger raised the lake level to be at the right altitude but the float plane base is still set at the default altitude of the lake.I think I have a way to fix it. Using the latest version of AFCAD I will make a new base. The float plane base is in the wrong place anyway. I don't blame the person that made the base according to the WAC chart again it would seem to be in that location but I also have the Water Aerodrome Supplement and it shows the base at the end of the pier quite a ways east of the current location. The location he placed it at would be right becide the CP rail bridge. All his other bases I've been to are fine.I was going to try the flatten bgl to fix it but I think since I'm moving the base anyway I will start fresh...Thanks for replying anyway.No doubt about it...Ronson2k