Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

Tinian Airfield - Under Construction

This project is taking WAY too long.You can view screenshots of Tinian North Field under construction at:http://philcrowther.com/6bgmain.htmlClick on "Virtual Tinian"The reason it is taking so long is that the airfield is designed to conform to the terrain, which meant that I built the whole airfield using FSDS and adjusted the height of each point by hand. There was one corner where I had to had to elevate the runway using an "elevated landable surface".So far, everything seems to work fine. There are some problems. Both the shadows and the landing lights do not cover the runway properly if the runway is too far above the surface of the terrain. Also, the runway will conform only if the user can use the same terrain settings that I am using. The AI aircraft do not work correctly (they plow through the terrain).Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings, etc. are appreciated. I realize that I am pushing the envelope a bit here. But I was not happy with designing another flat runway environment.Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!