Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

GSE Ground Support Equipment

I have a question for everyone and anyone who makes scenery for FS2002 and FS9. It gets involved, so bare with me.I work as a Ramp Agent for a major US Airline. I load and unload bags primerely, but I also guide aircrafts in departure and arrival situations plus I push them back at departure and tow them around the airport when needed.When I arrive or depart in FS9 I am very sad to see my job not being represented. To me it's a major part of real world airline operation.I park at the gate and I only see a random truck. Noone to guide, no equipment, not even gate signals. My job (which I think is very important) is completely left out. This is a huge process, just to get a real aircraft out in real life.I would like to see some movement on the ground. Perferably, it would be nice to have the guides, push back trucks, communication with the person on the ground etc. as I depart my gate.I know the communication bit is quite tricky, but is there any addon or someone working on an addon to make this more realistic?It's just so sad to arrive at a completely deserted airport. The jet way doesn't even pull up to the plane when I arrive. It's even at the incorrect height.Alot of people say that it's wise to leave these things out of FS9 as it comes from MS, so people can work on addons, but is a realistic addon like this even possible?Just a thought. If there are any cool addons I dont know about, please let me know.Regards,Kevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Kevin!You can't imagine how difficult is to programm this dynamic scenery! I am currently working on such things and right now I have set up FollowMe, two buses and fuel truck. The most complicated thing to everything is really communication between pilot and vehicles but it can be done (check LEPA2000 and EDDW2004 by Oliver Pabst). As probably Oliver did his dynamic scenery by hand, I am doing it so too; no good scenery desing tools exists except maybe FS Asist (by Abacus) or the old Dynamic Object Designer (DOD) by Rafael Sanchez. Both these twoo tools do provide You some help in designing the path, all other things involve a lot of hand work, knowing SCASM compiler and a lot of hours testing and restarting Flight Simulator.Sorry, I don't have any other good information that will help You.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net