Sign in to follow this  

FS2K2 won't install under NT 4.0

I keep getting the message that FS needs Win 98 or higher or Win 2000 or higher...I'm currently on a Win NT 4.0 system. Shouldn't FS2k2 install under NT4.0?Thanks,K Bailey

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think NT4.0 supports a "high" enough version of DirectX to run FS2k2 (or it didn't when I used to use it). Windows 2000 equates to NT 5.0 - or at least would if M$ stopped messing around their own product names. Windows ME is the next version to Windows 98 (different product to NT entirely !!).....

I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but if you'll look on the side of the FS2k2 box it says the following: "Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP (Does not support Windows NT). BTW, the message you're receiving is accurate. Windows NT (released 1996) pre-dates Windows 98 (released 1998) and Windows 2000 (released 1999). Max Cowgill

Yep...you guys are right...I went over to the MS site and it plainly states that NT isn't supported. I guess it's a good thing I've got XP on my other box. Thanks for the replies...~KB