Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

EOD Lighting Objects disappearing....

Guest Mark02

Hi everyone,I decided to build some new 3D airport lights for FS9. I found that after placing them in the sim, they show fine when close but as the aircraft flies away from them they completely disappear.I have set the range of each object to 100nm (max) but still they disappear out of sight very quickly.Any info on how I can fix this?Thanks.Mark. :)

Guest GCBarni

What did you use to "place them in the sim"? How did you "set the range to 100nm"? What scale are the objects?

Guest Mark02

Hi.I used Leungs FS Scenery Creator to place them in the same and adjusted the 'Parameters' tab of the macro to set the 100nm range.Any more info? Is this the right program to use?Thanks.Mark.

Guest GCBarni

Sorry, I don't use that design program. 100nm sounds a bit long for range though, especially a light. If you scaled the light _down_, that range would be decreased exponentially too. Perhaps someone using FSSC will show up with more guidance.

Guest Mark02

Hi.Thanks for the reply.I currently have made edge-lights for runway but they disappear very quickly when the aircraft flies away.Do u know of any other lighting file which has a longer range maybe?Thanks.Mark :)

Guest gorchi

Hi,If I understand correctly, You have made lights in FSSC as line of light objects? Well, bad news though. In FS2004 lights are visible only about 5nm away it they are type of light_nav and about 2-3nm if they are light_beacon. For bigger distances, there are two possibilities:- make effect with such light- create square with size of 10x10mIn any case, the object can't be visible more than 32km, but to see lights by night at a distance of 10nm, they must be really powerful, like those in approach lights.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net