Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fsfreeware

Slarti help please

Guest crashaz_1

Hi ChristofferLooking at your screenshot... looks like that piece you have highlighted in blue.. Terrain ToolsStrip is the problem.remove that from the end of the CellYDimensionDeg line and you should be fine! :-wave

Guest sas464

Hi thanks for your answered.I correct the file but the same problem are still there.Hope for more good advices.Christoffer

Guest Fsfreeware

Hi Christoffer;what Crashaz pointed out to you is valid - and is a step foward to make your inf work.also i will look at your folder structure - wich is crowded - and when slarti will start produce new files - your directory will became even more crowded with new stuff - creating even more confusion and disorganisation.therefore - i would create a new directory into the C:Terrain_Tools folder - called for this example : sceneryso .......... you now have a new scenery directory as follow: C:Terrain_Toolssceneryat this stage i'll move the srtm elevation models into the C:Terrain_Toolsscenery directory - as you have now changed the data source wich slarti uses as first step - (the srtm dem - 'those files wich end with .hgt extension) - your source directory on your inf file change as follow:SourceDir = "C:Terrain_Toolsscenery"or if you like: "..Terrain_Toolsscenery"---------------------------------------------I will also change the destination of the file slarti will produce - to "C:Terrain_Toolsscenery" - this way you keep all the sources and the derivated files into a nice and tidy folder.destination directory in inf file will than change as:"C:Terrain_Toolsscenery"or"..Terrain_Toolsscenery"==========================================now start slarti - and make sure all the files are on the right place - or slarti will not find them.start the prompt command and type copy and paste as picture below show you.Make sure your walktrough.inf is located in the C:Terrain_Tools directory to follow example on picture.rayhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/90626.gif

Guest sas464

Hi!Thank you for your resp. to my question, it helped a lot.Now I realy start to see wat potentioal this tool have.And now comes a quest. about the bgl files that were produced to of them ended up as "bgs" inst. of "bgl" hope you can come up with some ideas.In the meantime verry thenkfull for all help!ChristofferPS I have encl.pic. of my latest ongoing proj. from E coast of sweden, and I

Guest Fsfreeware

ceck your Lwm header in your inf file:it should now look somenthing like that - to activate production of coastline :[LWM]SRTM = 1Coastline = 1ExpandMesh = 0LWMVersion = 3LWMMerge = 1PatchAPT = 1PatchLWM = 1this header produce: srtm mesh - coastlines - patch for hp default and patch the airports elevations after the addition of srtm terrain -after you have changed the lwm header as above - run the whole process again with strip.exe - exactly as you did before - with the command prompt.slarti - at the end will tell you : you are now ready to run the walktrough.bat to complete your project.back to your scenery directory - look for the walktrough.bat and double click on it - slarti will than produce the bgl after few minutes of elaboration.all results - depends of how well you works with elevation models - especially if you are working on sea levels terrains - srtm dem noise must be removed - to achieve good results - already before you start using watermasks.--------------------------------------------regarding Autoasm:Autoasm as is a very good application - wich also offer the possibility to import real coastlines - or any other linear data - to produce roads - coasts - rivers and all that - following the real world databases.ray