Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Slarti - default coastlines

Hi,I am using slarti to remesh and generate coastlines.Everything appears to be going quite well, but I have a couple of questions.1. Slarti generates the coastlines, but the shape of the default coastlines are still appearing, do these need to be excluded - if so, what is the best way to do this.2. I can set up an inf file to remesh coastlines from srtm data, or I can set up an inf file to generate coastlines from a landwater mask, but is it possible to set up an inf file to remesh coastlines and generate coastlines from srtm and a landwater mask.Thanks, David.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,1. Yes You are going to have to exclude or patch the default coastlines. :-) Slarti makes LWM files that contains AreaFill commands, and that will make FS stall if such a file is loaded on top of default AreaFills. Also the default LWM files flattens everything it defines as water, even your new mesh files. The LWM file you have to remove or patch in in the default folder, has a name with the prefix HP, for horizontal polygons. The one to patch for the Beach VTP line elements, has a name with the prefix HL for horizontal lines. You will find them if you use the program LWMviewer and from the file menu choose open by coordinates. :) You can also path these files. Either you export source from the LWMviewer program and edit that source, and recompile the edited source, or you could use a program from the same author called BGLPatch. To find a link to the latter, you can search this forum for "bglpatch"2. You want to do it all in one swup! :D I have not tried it. sorry

Hi Jan, Thanks for the reply,As far as "question 1" goes, I did put the patch files in the default scenery folder and disabled the default files, but from what I have gathered on this forum, this is not the best thing to do if you want to distribute your scenery.I would rather go the "remesh" route, the results are not great but much better than the mesh ending at the default coastlines, and easier for users to install.My main problem at the moment is how to fill the gap between the default and new coasts, what is the best way to do this?David

Hi.Just a quick point - most of the BGLPatch code is built in to Slarti. What it won't do is provide the unpatch facility. If you want to distribute the patched original, just use Slarti's internal functions; if you want to patch in place on the users' machines (more compatible with other scenery but more risky) use bglpatch.Cheers,Jim