Sign in to follow this  

NEWS NEWS ... Dolomiti scenery ...

Guest cwright

It looks great! Just one question: are the shadows standard FS2002 shadows or are they fixed in the textures? To put it another way, do the shadows change with time, the same as with default scenery? Many thanks. Best regards, Chris

There are shadows in the photos which, obviously, do not change. But if you leave the terrain shadowing option "ON" in FS, you'll get also terrain effects which, in my opinion, blend very well with "permanent" shadows.Thanks for your message!Stefano.

Hehe... I guess my question in another thread was answered here. :-)Thanks.-Leon Medado

Guest Twister

Hi Stefano,I think that your Dolomiti scenery is bloody amazing !It reminds me of the excellent scenery in Flight Unlimited III .I wish there were more photo-realistic, satellite based sceneries like that.I've tried to fly VFR with the default MS scenery of my area - totally impossible! The only thing to figure out is how to upload such a big file on the internet...Have you tried to contact Tom Allensworth about it? he might have some kind of idea...All the best and thank you for your efforts.Twister

StefanoThis scenery is stunning, fantastic :-) Have you decided how to distrubute it yet as 400 mb is very large.Peter

Hi Guys,thanks for the encouraging words ... as a matter of fact, I'm getting more and more convinced that a CD will be the most convenient way for everybody (myself included!). So, I'm now trying to solve some points concerning the copyrights of the ortophotos and to produce quickly many (HOW MANY?) CDs!Cheers, Stefano.

Count me in if a CD thing is the only option:), yep to others that commented on taking them back to the FU3 days, that's the first thing I thought too, sort of a theoretical (which never happened) FU4 maybe, being as this is coupled with FS2002's other features.Once again, great work, Stefano!RegardsDave