Sign in to follow this  

IFR Checkride

Help! I'm having real problems getting past the IFR checkride in FS2k2. Everything goes fine until i enter the hold over the Seattle VOR. I sit there happily drawing neat little ovals in the sky and holding altitude very nicely (even if I do say so myself), but it never tells me to exit the hold. The instructor doesn't fail me, but after an hour I start to wonder about fuel and such. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Frostycab,check this link - it may help! http://members.chello.at/matthias.holzer/licence-e.htmBTW - do you know how to pass the ATPL VOR lesson 2 - it's the VOR approach at JFK - I keep reaching the end of the training area outbound to Reefo Intersection on the 218 radial? Do I need to carry out a full hold once I reach the VORAny help greatly appreciated!CheersMatt :-wave

Dear Frostycab,On a real would IFR checkride, you are required to hold if requested by the DE (Designated Examiner). However, the hold entry (direct,parallel, or teardrop) is the PIC's decision. At the proffesional flight school I went to the STRONGLY suggested, more like demanded, that a PIC should NEVER EXCEPT a holding clearance without and EFC (Expect Further Clearance) time. This is an estimate of how long you are going to be in the holding pattern. It could be 10 mins or 70 mins. This suggestion, it's not an FAR, is made to prevent the situation that you are experiencing. In anycase, you should NOT be failed an IFR checkride for not requesting an EFC (though it is a huge mistake).Hope this helpsCB :-wave