Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

Dual Monitor/GF4 issues

I'm trying to use my GF4Ti4400 in a dual monitor configuration for FS2K2. I can only seem to use both by enabling nView and then selecting Duplicate (same screen on both which is useless) or Horizontal (the screen "stretches" onto both monitors but I can't select 1600x1200, only "very wide" by 768 is max. Also, windows2000 doesn't recognize a second monitor in the device manager...this is how it worked with my radeon8500 - dual monitor - windows recognizes and installs 2 monitors and I can select "stretch desktop across both monitors" in video/display options. If anyone is using duals effectively with a GF4, how did you set it up and how do you make win2000 recognize both monitors. Am I stuck with this nView thing?Thanks for any help,GinoWin2KPro SP2DX8.1Athlon T-Bird 1Ghz o/c to 1.53Ghz stableASUS A7V133 at latest BIOS384M CAS2 Mushkin PC133 SDRAMVisiontek GF4 Ti4400TB Santa CruzAdaptec 19160 SCSI U160 controllerPlextor UltraMax40 CD-ROMSeagate Cheetah X15 36LP 15K Drive (18G)Netgear FA311 NICCH Flight Yoke USB, USB PedalsThrustmaster Cougar (on order) with TM Elite Pedals

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gino,I have got the GF4 TI4400 to work in dual monitor configuration (without installing nview) in WIN98 SE. However the second monitor can only manage a 60 Hz refresh rate. With Windows XP, which should be similar to Windows 2000, it does not recognize the second monitor at all. I finally just disabled the second GF4 monitor and installed two ATI Radeon PCI cards for a three monitor setup. This works perfectly even with windows XP.Pesi

I have dual monitors with a geforce 4 4600 under win xp pro using the 28.32 drivers. I know win 2k recognizes n view differently than with xp. Here's a link to the nview user's guide from nvidias site, its a large manual in pdf format and it explains in detail all the ins and outs of using the software. Just click on the link that says nview desktop managers guide http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=windowsxp2000_detonator