Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgrab1

Problem with "The Winged City" Incheon airport addon

Greetings, simmers. This is my first post in this forum. I hope someone out there can help me. I downloaded the Incheon Int'l Airport addon "The Winged City" from this site. Came with an auto-installer and I used it. Everything seemed fine--except that I noticed every time I would boot up the game, a new entry for the airport would automatically be added in the scenery library. So after playing the game five times, I'd now have five different listings of Incheon Int'l, each with its own little red check mark.I uninstalled the scenery, but it STILL is adding a new entry to the library every time I start the program. PLUS it's now informaing me upon startup that the airport is missing from the game as well (since I uninstalled it).I'd rather have the airport workng (without adding the extra entries) but I'd settle for no installation--if it would just go away. Can anyone help? I've never seen anything like this before.Thanks,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, JohnThank you for using my scenery. It seems there is some confusion of layer and area numbers in scenery.cfg. Open your scenery.cfg file(located at FS2004 main folder) with notepad and delete all section like below.[Area.0xx]Title=IIA the Winged City (RKSI) Data ILocal=IIA_the Winged City_RKSIDataRemote=Active=FALSERequired=FALSELayer=xx[Area.0xx]Title=IIA the Winged City (RKSI) Data IILocal=IIA_the Winged City_RKSIData2Remote=Active=FALSERequired=FALSELayer=xxThis section is automatically inserted by installer for scenery library register. So wrong area and layer numbers(xx) can be given by installer. Delete all section of The Winged City, save it and run FS2004. There will be no RKSI scenery in your scenery library. Then add RKSI scenery using "add area" manually. RKSI is located at "[FS2004 main folder]/IIA_the Winged City_RKSI" folder. You must register two folders(data and data2) individually. Restart FS2004 and you will see only one RKSI scenery in library. If you have difficulties in scenery register, please refer to manual and see pictures.I hope this will help you. Have a nice flight in Korea~Yunjin Leehttp://flyfreesky.comflyfreesky@paran.com

Thanks for the reply. Your advice (along with that of Katy Pluta on another forum) worked and apparently everything is okay now. I'm really glad, too, since it is much nicer than the default MS scenery.Thanks again.John