Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

FSDS2.24- Making Landable Surfaces

Guest johnyrebbaron

I am new at at scenery design.I have created an object using fsds2.24 that is meant to be an elevated platform to land on. I have followed the help file for FSDS, it has a 2 page tip for doing this but i cant make it work.Has anyone else used this and had the same problem.Thanks

Guest sapper42

Gday mate, i found that the FSDS method of creating a hard surface way unstable at best, especially if you want to start a flight from it.The most stable way ive found using scasm ( means you haveto hand edit the code ) is advanced buildings code.I have however created a small tutorial to create a hard surface that is invisible with XML code at the following links and is ideal for Helipads.http://www.scenery.org/_downloads/helipad_tutorial.zipandhttp://www.scenery.org/_downloads/helipad_tutorial_part2.zipSee if these help you out.rgds Jeff

Guest johnyrebbaron

Hi Jeff,Thanks alot for the tip it sounds easy enough and logical. I have not had time to try it as of yet, but I will soon enough. This stuff is kind of new to me,and I don't have as much time to work on it as I would like. FSDS seems really nice to make objects and aircraft. But that method of creating a landing surface did seem kind of kludgy.Thanks again,GaryI will let you know how it turns out, when I get to try it.The pixs in the tutorial zip file was fantastic

Guest sapper42

Gday Gary, thksI actually started with FSDS and found it gave me a good grounding in 3d design, ive now moved to Gmax but am comfortable with either tool. After 4 yrs with FSDS i found it a lot easier to convert to Gmax ( tried Gmax 4 yrs ago and gave up in disgust at the learning curve )as the knowledge gained in design technique is very similar for both.Thanks to the likes of Arno, Luis Sa, Gerrish , Goran and Rhumbaflappy i then moved onto scasm source code and XML code and im still learning. The main thing is to take your time and get it right than to blunder about in the beginning and the only Stupid Question is the one you Dont ask !rgds Jeff

Guest DoyleChris

I am trying to make landable carriers i have posted in a few areas and tried this idea but bglcomp is coming up with a error any help.