Sign in to follow this  

land class sceneries

Guest Lobaeux4

looking around I found the website for the payware land class sceneries. As I do most of my flying for a VA based in the UK, usually with the CRJ, PSS A320 and PIC 767, would the whole european land class package be a worthwile download, or is this better suited for VFR fliers? And, are there BETTER freeware versions of these type of files out there?Joe

hello,I myself have FSlandclass europe, the different countrypacks are more for developers you get DEM maps, textures etc. The europe map is only the texture and enough for people who only fly.It is worthed, its not a texture nor a mesh, its a collection of class objects like farms/villages who appear on the mesh and they a crips of color and better looking then the FS original ones. Together with Josiah Haut meshes and Lennart Textures a good combo :)Greetz,Paul

The only freeware Landclass for Europe I know of is for the entire country of Italy. The URL is http://216.239.37.120/translate_c?hl=en&u=...class%26hl%3DenYou could download this and see the difference it makes (It's only about a 500k file, small) to see if you want to spend $24usd for the Europe pack. I haven't purchased it yet I'm just waiting for the freeware Landclass as it slowly becomes available. I did purchase various areas in the US and these are pretty nice.

I purchased the Eastern US landclass and I have to say its good points, for the most part, outweigh its bad. The amazing thing is even small towns now show up. It makes VFR much easier, because towns are right where you would expect them. It's especially noticeable at night. My parents, for example, live in a suburb of Syracuse that is thickly settled except for a patch of farm land that is maybe 60 acres. Well, I can pick out that patch of farmland surrounded by suburbia! It's incredible.The bad - For some reason I don't understand, FSLandclass alters the shape of shoreline sometimes. For example there is now an ugly strip of land east of fire island as you land at KJFK. It's reminiscent of the "Easter Eggs" we used to find with earlier versions of FS. With this alteration goes the cool surf effect that I was starting to enjoy. I also found the textures appointed to different landclasses are a bit too optimistic in their estimate of urban sprawl. Suburbs of the small town I live in are suddenly populated by multistory office buildings.Still, while I've considered removing the scenery from my HD, the VFR effects are just so good I haven't been able to do so. On the other hand, I haven't been able to rationalize buying the Western US version either. I'm sure something better is coming down the pike eventually and I'll gladly pay for it!David

I have already done the mid-west that is available in the AVSIM library. Colorado with parts of Nebraska, kansas are there also.Cas

Cas,I will give your Colorado textures a try, but in general I'm waiting to apply the scenery as one big update. I understand your work is highly regarded however I found I had too many extra scenery addons in FS2K and it kind of got away from me. I'm being much more conservative this time around. Any chance the landclass data will make Alaska look any different? Thanks for the tip!David

The biggest effect is the removal of buildings from the sides & tops of hills & mountains. That's the best feature of updated landclass files. nothing looks dafter than streets and buildings carrying on in a scenery as if the mountain isn't there.daft adv. silly, buffoon like