Sign in to follow this  
Guest frugm1

Flashing light effect

Guest CapnCol

I have almost completed my latest project and am trying to add items that will make it look that little bit more special. One of the things I want to do is to create an Airport Beacon within FSDS.I'm trying to create a light that flashes as the sequence below, and if you know how to achieve this, I would appreciate your help.---------Colour = GreenFlash sequence = 3 Flashes (NOT Very fast flashes, they should be flashes that are clearly visible during flight), break/pause for 10 seconds, 4 flashes, break (lets say 5 seconds).---------The other option is to edit an FX file in some way to achieve this, but I haven't got a clue how to do it. I am struggling to get my chimney smoke visible as well although my volcano effects work okay.Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.ColinColin

Guest frugm1

Hey Colin, your best bet is to download the microsoft effects sdk and have a look at that, ive found it quite useful in the past, im not at home at the moment but i,ll have a look at the effect when i get home. As far as the smoke is cncerned what are you trying to do exactly?

Guest CapnCol

I have the effects sdk and have used effects already in the fs effects folder. I am not sure yet how exactly to create my own effects from scratch, the sdk is not too clear on this (unless I'm just not reading it right).As for the smoke, I have made a chimney (using gmax) and want it to produce lots of smoke, but it just won't. I can get it to produce a volcanic eruption, but that is going a bit too far :)Is the flashing light easier to produce using the effects sdk? anyone know for sure?Colin

Guest frugm1

Well The smoke I can help you with i encountered the same problem when i needed to rescale the steam for some airconditioning duct, it was quiet simple i just copied steam1 and then edited the radius of the effect this made it alot better of a size.