Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Display settings

Guest Jos

Hi,I am making an airport scenery and I want to know what for configuration you have to do in order to control the display.Example: airport LOWL where you can set the display slider completely to the right and see more and more objects appearing. I think this would be better for the frame rates, than showing all the scenery in one "boost".How can it be done ?Greetz. Jos

Guest luissa

Hello,When you place an object, either using XML or "FS2002 techniques", you can set a parameter, normally called "Scenery Complexity" or "Scenery Density", which goes from 0 (very sparse) to 5 (extremely dense). This parameter works in conjunction with the slider that you refer to.Therefore if you want your design to be useful to users having different typs of hardware, you assign a density of 4 or 5 to those objects that are not essential.Luis

Guest Jos

Hi,Thanks for your reply.Using GMAX 1.2 for FS2002 and see in the Export screen Menu MakeBGL / Scenery / ... a rolout where you can choose from Very Sparse, Sparse, Normal, Dense, Versy Dense, Extremely Dense.I was not aware of the exact meaning of this (no explanation in the GMAX Help-file). I thought it was a setting for more or less detail in the exported object.Now is it clear.Greetz. Jos