Sign in to follow this  
Guest artmartin

Glider and tow plane?

Guest artmartin

Has anyone created traffic around a glider port that consisted of a gliders and tow planes with release and glide back? If you wanted to do that, just how would you under the constraints of FS2004?Art

Guest artmartin

I thought a little bit more about this and couldn't imagine any way you could have two separate planes and a tow cable that somehow synchronized with one another during the tow upwards. Probably the only way to do this would be to create a single aircraft that was a combination of the tow plane, cable, and glider. An animation sequence similar to gear retracts or door action would separate the cable and tow plane, distance them, and change the flight characteristics of the glider. You'd probably then need to delete the tow plane and cable or make them invisible since they would still have to fly along with the glider. Now I have no idea if any of this is possible since I've never built a plane before but it sounds feasible knowing how exotic animations have become. Ideally this would be a fully functional and flyable aircraft but I'd be satisfied if you could even get it to work as just an ai craft. Any thoughts? I have this wonderful glider port in my scenery just dying to have this kind of activity happening around it.Art