Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chese

Set me on the right road for modifying an existing airp...

Guest Chese

Hello all, forgive me if this seems rather basic but the beginners faq in this forum didnt leave me feeling so sure in doing the type of design I want to do. I am looking to make Lunken Airport (KLUK) more realistic in terms of parking and building placement, but I'm not real sure what to do with out possibility of completely screwing up my computer. I am familiar with afcad2, and have d/l sever scenery updates but in terms of taking the default field and creating a new one in its place I am feeling a bit clueless. If anyone can direct me to a tutorial for dealing with existing objects I would appreciate it , thanks.John

Guest Bell206freak

Hello,I am, for the most part, accomplishing what you speak of in terms of three scenery projects I am working on - the total revamp of Tacoma Narrows, Sanderson Field, and SFS Airpark.I had to overcome major scenery errors in each package and as I began working on the overhaul, I also wrote a tutorial that I have finished for the most part that has specific detailed instructions on what you need to do (including adding exclude switches and decompiling the default BGLs.I am tidying up and proofreading it for errors and it should be uplaoded soon.

Guest Chese

Thanks, I look forward to reading it soon!