Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Can't find flatten at NH07

Guest wildfire563

Hi,I've been randomly selecting airports and relocating them/fixing their altitudes. Currently, I am working on NH07. I edited FL928160.bgl and removed the flattens related to the airport that I could find. I reviewed the new FL928160_new.bgl and there are no flattens visible in the file. The airport is near the eastern edge of FL928160, but it is not really that close. I could find no similar references in FL929160.bgl.Then I used AFCAD 2.21 and created and relocated the runway and changed all the heights to the new height. I saved this and also put a reduced version in a scenery library with a lower priority than the Regional libraries. Then I used SBuilder to create an exclude poly to remove the old airport background, created a new airport background, and created a new flatten (smaller than the original and shifted to cover the new runway position).When I go to the airport, there is still a remnant of the old flatten to the south of the airport. I can't figure out where it is coming from. The original FL928160.bgl is disabled and replaced by the new one.Interestingly, when I opened the default airport in AFCAD, it had a node that was not connected to anything. If I left the node there, FS would crash. When I removed the node, it works fine. If I decompile AP928160.bgl and look at the airport, I can't see any reference to a rogue node. I don't know if this has any significance. I tried adding taxiways and parking spots hoping to force the old flattens to the new height, but it didn't work.I have attached the project. Could somebody take a look at it or tell me what file might contain this rogue flatten? I have looked everywhere and I can't find it.Thanks,Thomas

Guest wildfire563

BTW, I am using UT/USA, I noticed that there was a flatten in the same area as the offending flatten, but when I turned off the UT/USA flattens, the rogue flatten was still there.For those of you looking for the landclass for the scenery, I've included it in this version (otherwise the same).Thomas

Guest wildfire563

Nevermind. I found the problem, stupid file management procedures. I had put together a package for K8B1, had not removed the file from the directory after gathering the files, and had later activated the directory without cleaning it up.So the scenery I attached previously should work fine, but I want to play with the height of NH07 now that the flatten is gone. So if you downloaded the scenery, you might as well throw the files I attached away, as I will eventually be releasing this and others in the near future.Thomas