Sign in to follow this  
Guest VC10ace

Disappearing taxiways and scenery

Guest VC10ace

Hi designersI am a total newbie to scenery design but I have got the hang of the basics like AFCAD, Object placer and SceneryGenX (the new version of AFW which compiles XML files)Anyway, spent 2 days designing a superb detailed airport in SGX, checking back regularly to see it all looked OK it did. I was so pleased with this that I then prepared to drop in the objects and buildings.Before doing this I wanted to let the PC cool down a bit as its 'brain' was very hot so I shut down all my programs and went to make a cup of tea.On returning and runnig up FS2004 I go to my new airport and NO TAXIWAYS. No aprons no nothing ONLY my 2 runways remain. So now I have a glorified picnic area with BIG roads!I have tried different layer settings but to no effect. I cannot understand why it looked OK whilst designing then it bums out and leaves me with nothing.I designed ANOTHER airport after this - same thing taxiways etc GONEHELP NEEDED PLEASE before I throw the PC out the window!

Guest VC10ace

Hey guys how about some replies then???Im sat here with a useless program unless I can get some help here.