Sign in to follow this  
Guest viking

problem after upgrade to FSDS3

Hello there!I have just upgraded my FSDS2 to FSDS3. I have a project from the old version, I would like to import to FSDS3. Well, I have done that, but it give me an error.Then I want to create FS object file to an *.bgl file, it says: failed to create an mdl file. And an error log says: Running modelStart! (_temp.x)Loading X _temp.x...Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Non Normalized normal encountered in part Box_3Error!Error!In FSDS2, I had no problems with my project. I haven't changed any thing in the project, in the new FSDS3, and as I say, it worked in FSDS2. That am I doing wrong?I have for fun made a little simple object in FSDS3, just for testing, and it worked fine, then I created an FS object file. So it may be something with my old object from FSDS2, which woun't work in FSDS3.Please, can some one help me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi VikingIn the Help file, under References/Menus/Fixing Compile Errors, it is mentionned, amoungs other things, "Suffice is to say that FSDS V2 does not enforce rules as strictly as MakeMDL. In other words, FSDS V2 is more forgiving regarding a project's geometry as it converts the project directly to a Flight Simulator compatible file. Since FSDS V3 converts a project by using MakeMDL, the geometry of the project must conform to the rules that MakeMDL chooses to enforce."Reading the whole article will shurely bring up answers to your needs.The article adresses a simillar problem to the one you mentionned, followded by ways and means to correct it.Hope it helps, Hugo

Thank you, Hugo!It helped. I hadn't seen that help topic. Best regardsViking