Sign in to follow this  
Guest sagar_basutkar

FS2004 SCENERY PROBLEM

I recently tried to reinstall my fs2004 from my cd, but couldn't do so as my cd is corrupted. But i still retained my earlier install and when i tried running fs9 again i faced a lot of problems as it would not start and gave errors like : CESSNA 172SP INITIALISATION FAILED .But i corrected this by unzipping the cab files in my fs2004 cd1 and replacing the aircrafts folder.But now when i start my flight simulator many of the default airports are missing and the ground textures donot show up.I tried correcting this by again unzipping the scenry files from my cd4 and placing them in the SCENERY folder of fs9.Now even though i get all the airports but when i load any flight i get the error while loading :" Scenery Read Error:Attempting to open a non-existent directory :. click ok to continue"and i cannot see the ground texture and they are all blocky or blurred. But the airport scenery of where i am shows up correctly.Can anyone please help me..have i wrongly placed the scenery folder or is there something wrong with the scenry.cfg files. i tried replacing them all from my fs2004 cds but nothing works..also since my cd1 is corrupted i cant reinstall the whole thing and to top this all..i recently purchased the PMDG 737NG so i am desperate to fly it..please help..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!