Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

Who's using ACLoader? (and v4 preview)

Guest Scott Campbell

Good day to you. Since releasing ACLoader a year or so ago I have now had over 10,000 DL's of it in various versions.In all that time I've only heard from people with issues and suggestions. Needless to say, I'm happy it's working for nearly everyone else.My question is, WHO is using it and how? Which VA's and general public?Just curious.BTW - I'm working on Version 4 development now, so you may wish to send your suggestions and comments.Some features of Version 4:[ul][li]"Use FS98" changed to "Write Reports ONLY"[/li][li]Doesn't care if you have Flight Sim. Will run whether or not it's present. If Flight Sim 200x is not present in the directory setting, will automatically enable "Write reports ONLY" and allow saving of "ACLOADER REPORT.txt" to any directory.[/li][li]Uses empty weight COG offsets instead of reference datum point[/li][li]Cargo now loaded differently. Before, could put all cargo into fore or aft hold depending on balance. Now loads a maximum of - Front: 2/3 of max cargo weight, Aft: 1/3 max cargo weight. This significantly changes weight balance. Cargo loading will now have to be carefully considered.[/li][li]Uses a Flight Plan file to extract fuel and other information even if no Route Record is present[/li][li]Flight Data Files are but a distant memory, kaput, verhoof, nada, gone.[/li][li]Import and Export of Route Data Records[/li][liFix seating for GA aircraft[/li][li]Ability to set percentage of class loading more to first or steerage...I mean economy[/li][li]Step-by-step tutorial[/li][li]Manually input fuel load when no reoute record is defined[/li][li]Totally redesigned interface (still deciding on this one)[/li][li]Thinking about a totally new Overhead calculation system and computer[/li][/ul]Anything else?

>>Anything else?Yes Scott, can you make it tell jokes & answer the door?!? :-lolSeriously though I have been using it since day one & it is widely used amongst Orange Air pilots.Great prog, keep up the good work!

jerrycwo4 I looked at it and it seems to be a good program but I learned to do everything the 'old fasion way', by hand. jerry

Hello, Sir,I just started using ACLoader V3.4 about two weeks ago. Our virtual airline, SunAir Express, specifies the payload and fuel load for each flight, so I'm using ACLoader to put people onboard. Right now I'm doing it by pressing "Generate Load" until it comes in with the right weight, give or take a hundred lbs. It would be very useful to be able to tell the program how many lbs we need loaded and have it load enough people to match.There is talk about going to a system that would calulate cost/profit on our routes, in which case it is very possible we'd start using the other functions in ACLoader (I've looked at them and they are very impressive). SunAir was originally based on ATP and AS2, but has recently developed FS aircraft and might change the way pilots are graded/paid based on these new available functions.Having ACLoader add a manually-selected fuel load, as you mentioned, is a good idea. It would save a step after going into FS, plus it would be tell us the aircraft gross weight instead of us having to add it up after loading fuel from FS.ACLoader is the only way I've been able to successfully load these aircraft. I thank you for developing it and allowing us to provide comments.Best Regards,Kurt

Guest Scott Campbell

Kurt,You can attain a weight you want by manually changing the passenger seats sold or cargo load now after clicking "Generate Load". But I will see what I can do about automatically loading to a pre-defined weight.

Guest GabrielR

Is a really nice add on!what is the ETA of V4?

I have to admit I haven't used it so much as I have only just (in the last few weeks) downloaded it.I will have a good look at it and see if there is anything I would like.There is one thing - perhaps a PDF rather than HTML manual. It is a real mongrel to get it to print properly without much fiddling - prints over the ends lof pages and I don't know how to fix it.

Gidday Scott!I've been using your very nice prog for about 2 weeks now and it's very easy to use with virtually no faults. I like the simple interface and the fact that you can calculate the financial side of things. I'm not flying for any VA right now and I'm just using it to get an appreciation of the handling characteristics of loaded aircraft. IMNSHO I think any self respecting simmer needs this because loads are an integral factor of a AC's performance. The only fault I've found is that moving the Weight Shift slider changes the point of view in the virtual cockpit window,in FS2002 quite drastically, in some instances putting the point of view totally out of adjustment limits. Fixing this would be nice in your next version. All in all very nice work on a very useful utility.Thanks for your efforts!:-beerchugIf you're ever down in Oz look me up so we can have a coldie!

Guest Scott Campbell

G'day to you, too.The only fault I've found is that moving the Weight Shift slider changes the point of view in the virtual cockpit window,in FS2002 quite drastically, in some instances putting the point of view totally out of adjustment limits. Fixing this would be nice in your next versionThis is why I've changed from using the ref datum point to empty-weight COG even though the effect isn't as good.

Guest Scott Campbell

I don't have a PDF writer (too expensive), so the best I can do is a Word format doc.

If you want to send the doco to me I will convert it to a PDF and send it back.I have all the facilities on hand for the conversion. Will most likely take a couple of minutes if everthing sits OK.Let me know and I will give you my e-mail address off forum.

Guest joea

Scott, I have been using it, eps. the 747 and 767, I don't bother with the route recorde anymore since I don't fly for a virtual airline. Looking forward to V 4.