Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimDog

Effects and Controller File Questions

Well, since there is no Effects forum, I thought I'd post my request for assistance here. FSX Forum was no help.Anyone with knowledge of Effects and Controller files, I sure could use some help.I do not care for the current FSX airport beacon effects. I have read over the Effects SDK in hopes of improving the effect. However, the SDK leaves many questions unanswered.I'm attempting to increase the viewing range of the airport beacon. I have made a few adjustments to the fx_beacong and fx_beaconwhi files. I also made a Controller file and included the line: Distance=40. I'm guessing that is forty miles since the SDK does not define the distance as inches, feet, meters, or miles. So far, the airport beacon view distance is unchanged. It is not visible until about nine miles from the airport; I was flying at 8,000 feet, with clear skys, at night.There is one other mention of making a .bgl file in the SDK. I have no idea if the airport beacon already has a .bgl file. I also have some questions about making this file. You can respond here or send me a PM.Regards,SD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!