Sign in to follow this  

How can I Replace default AI aircraft??

Hi there you lot!!!I was wondering how I go about replacing (get rid of!) the default AI aircraft that are all over the airports regardless what part of the world I am in (all those Orbits, American Pacific, Soar etc)Can one of you clever people help please??All this AI stuff is to daunting for me. I just wish I could get the hang of it as it would really making things more interesting.Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 -- easiest) If you just want them to go away, open the aircraft.cfg and rename them in the "title=" line.2 -- second easiest, but much better than previous advice) Replace the default textures with real liveries --ie: Delta, British Air, Lufthansa, etc.3 -- most complicated, but still pretty darn easy) Download TrafficTools (Ttools) v1.2. Run the decompiler. Open the aircrafts.txt and replace the planes you don't like with ones you'd like to see, then save. Run the compiler. Start FS2002 and enjoy your new AI.

Just a footnote to the above post. TTools is a blast. It took me some trial and error, especially adding more texture files to the aircraft types. The .cfg file in each folder (b737 md83 etc) needs to be edited to add real ATC names, and to go past the original 3 textures. Just as an example, I'm running 21 737 textures, 12 MD83 textures, 19 777 textures and 17 747 textures. In addition there's A320, A330, B767, and regional jets to download and add textures to. A word about AI aircraft. Use only GMAX designed aircraft. Earlier non-GMAX aircraft won't show a landing gear, which looks pretty silly as they "float" around the airport.Good Luck. There's always help here as you wander around in TTools.Rick

Hi there,Thanks to you both for your help, I am going to try things this evening and hope I can get it to work.See yaRichard