Sign in to follow this  
Guest Albatross7107

New Airport Needs Approaches and AI Traffic

Guest Daniel_Malloy

I've been working on a fictitious airport for some time now. The airport is located on one of the smaller Azores Islands in the Atlantic Ocean. It has one 3,200x60 meter runway facing north, one 2,500x50 meter runway facing northwest, and two 1,100x30 meter runways each parallel to one of the bigger ones. Would anyone be willing to create approaches (VOR, GPS, ILS) or add AI traffic to it?I'm hoping that this will eventually become a base for all sorts of air races. Its out in the middle of nowhere, so there is no need to load/unload scenery files every time you want to just fly around. Its also between North America and Europe, so real-time timezone differences shouldn't be as much of a problem. FSX hasn't payed much attention to designing the nearby islands so they could even be used for some really creative air race courses.Here is a picture of what what it looks like right now:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184820.jpg

Guest Albatross7107

Looks pretty cool - I noodled around with a star paterned airfield in the Spratly islands (South China Sea) but "pirates came and stole it" (IE I lost the files...)Anyway - take a look in the file library for "ILS and GPS Approach Creator" it will add rudimentary ILS and GPS (your choice) to one or all the runways.For AI traffic you'd want Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools. Intall it and decompile the original AI traffic file, you get three text files out of it. Have a look at those files and you'll see what's going on. You'll then want to make new blank files WITH A DIFFERNT NAME (or you'll wipe out the normal AI traffic), I use:AIRCRAFT_icao-code-of-airport.TXTFLIGHTPLANS_icao-code-of-airport.TXTAIRPORTS_icao-code-of-airport.TXTand TTools makes me TRAFFIC_icao-code-of-airport.BGL and sticks it in the same folder as the default traffic.Airports will need the lat and lon and elevation of your airport + whatever airports you are sending AI traffic to.

Guest Daniel_Malloy

I've managed to add a little over a hundred flight plans to my airport using AIFPC and the FSX SDK. I couldn't get the old TTools working for me, but using AIFPC and the SDK worked easily for me. I dumped an airport list that had my airport in it, then used that with the TrafficDatabaseBuilder to create autoroutes for all the airports. I then decompiled the traffic BGL in AIFPC, deleted all the flightplans that didn't involve my new airport, then I recompiled it. No time calculations or aircraft designations to mess with.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185528.jpgI haven't had as much luck with the approaches. I used the Approach Creator you mentioned, but the approaches would never work properly in-game. I am able to select them in-game, but they don't work. I also don't get any overlay on the GPS unit (I would really like it if possible).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185529.gifDoes anyone want to create a few approaches for this airport :)? I'm also going to be looking for a few people to test this airport out and let me know what they think after I make some more changes.Also, if anyone wants to create some racing courses around this airport, please let me know. I'm wanting to create some permanent ones around it since this airport is out in the middle of no where.

Guest Albatross7107

hmmm in my haste to help I missed the "FSX" in your post. I'm afraid I don't have FSX so I don't know why it's not showing up in the GPS.