Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misho_TerraBuilder

GMAX texturing problem

I just finished my first object in GMAX. (I assume a Ph.D. will be arriving in the mail.) I still have some polishing to do, but I'm stuck.I am having a problem with a disappearing texture on the underside of an overhanging roof. I made the roof with a plane and checked "2 sided" as shown in attachment 1. This works to texture both sides in GMAX as shown in attachment 2. But when I make it into a bgl and load it into FS9 the underside of the texture doesn't show up (attachment 3). Help would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The 2-sided button doesn't work in FS2004. Instead, preface your material name with 'ds_'That's the material which is currently called 'Copy Of Mt#1' in your first screenshot.Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Hi,A quick addendum question on that... if I use a "shell" modifier with "0" for thickness, that works as well. Performance wise, does ds_ switch tell the compiler to create a second side during MDL creation? that would make it equivalent to shell command. Or is it a command to renderer to treat that poly as a double sided? (which would be preferable, since the model would be smaller)