Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest papaschild

Maps2bgl and White Tiles!!!!!!!!

Hi im using FSX and Maps2bgl_XJust wondering if someone can tell me what im doing wrong.I select a polygon as required, save it as a .kml file, "download the tiles", Add it to the FSX scenery library.However!!!!1 when i load up the location, i just get white tiles as texture. It appears as though no textures were actually downloaded!.could it be something with the way i have my scenery library set up?Any help would be much apprectiated:)Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, my first attempt to use Maps2bgl_x.I also didn't get any 256 x 256 jpg's stored in the temp folder. The software told me that I had downloaded 256 tiles, which took a long while.I also looked at Iview - the ini file is in mostly German and uses paths that don't exist on my PC - but I don't have any instructions on how to correct the ini file. Anyone have the English version?I followed the instructions (he used Aruba) using Hana Maui in the document found in AVSIM. I don't know what happened either.Guidance from some "expert" would be appreciated. And how do you limit the number of tiles to download?Thanks,Gary P.Vista Home Premium, FSX SP2,

okies.... I think i found the problem.The white tiles appear when the zoom level of the service you are using isnt available by the service.I ve found, that around australia, the zoom level cannot be closer than 1 mile. If it is the "Maps2bgl" loads what it sees.......ie white tiles (because there are no images to download for thatlevel of zoom.) I think G****e can do it, however there is that silly download limit.Correct me if im wrong!