Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Brad33712

Scenery Software Installation Order

Hello All, First my apology if this question/topic has been answered already somewhere else on this forum... I searched around, then I tried posting this in the "Tips and Tricks" forum, but it seems pretty dead over there... So, to my question, I'm almost finished buiding a new computer to run FSX... Software to Install: FSX Deluxe, FSX Acceleration, FS Global 2008, Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X, Flight Environment X... I know one should install UTX before GEX, but I also want to install quite a few airport scenery add-ons, Cloud 9 Orlando Int'l, and several freeware airport add-ons from simviation... Also MegaScenery Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Dallas... I know FSX scenery is kind of like a layer cake in the sense that Mesh is the base with Landclass and Textures overtop... Does anyone have an opinion whether or not add-on airport scenery should be installed before UTX and GEX does its makeover magic? (I read and saw where GEX improves the ground color around runways)... FS Global 2008 also says that USA Mesh data is installed but not activated during installation... Any thoughts whether or not FS Global 2008 Mesh for USA should or shouldn't be activated? Or is default FSX Mesh data higher resolution than FS Global 2008? Anyone recommend defraging the HD between each product installation? All thoughts appreciated and I hope the subject is helpful to more than just myself... You guys are the scenery experts so I thought there would be alot of opinions on the subject here...Thanks, BradNew Computer: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz, INVIDIA 9800 GTX+, Asus motherboard X48 chipset, 2 Gigs of RAM, WD 10,000RPM 150 Gig HD, running Windows XP SP2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!