Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Microsoft Petition

I just put a post in the main forum that should be very much of interest to people who don't visit the main forum very often, but post here!Cheers, Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Christian,I read your post on the general forum and was sad by the fact it was locked :( Anyways I support your petition at 100% and I think that your post was very mature and professional. I agree with all what you said. And I would like to add that everything that is released by MS is more then welcome but I also think they are lacking some kind of "in depth support".Once again, I would like to say that PC sims like Xplanes have a great amount of support in updates but also provides inside the box very user friendly editors to build additional aircraft but also modify all the aspect of the terrain. Xplane is coded by one person while MS FS is developed by a team inside a powerful compagny. So I still do not know why such editors are not released by MS for casual users. A patch for FS2002 was not released. Every game out there has at least 1 patch because as you said nothing is perfect and patching a game or program is part of the business in order to keep the relation with customers positive.Please MS, we developers of 3rd party add ons are extending the life and enjoyment of every version of FS. We devote our time to those add ons because we like the Sim and we feel allot of enjoyements to do so. However we must know how the sim works in its different aspects as other game comapnies explane the tips to their fans. For exemple Terrain is not only composed of mesh as it was explained in the FS2000 SDK. It is composed of Mesh but also coastlines, rivers and roads and landcalss as well. None of those were explainedFSEdit is oriented toward aircraft. Why don't we have a similar tool for terrain and scenery?So as a 3rd party Freeware scenery developer, I look forward to see detailed SDK for the terrain of FS2002 that explains and allows to edit landclass, Coasts, roads and rivers, AFDs and mesh as well.SincerelyMichel Karam