Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible?

Hello, I was wanting to know if it were [is] possible to create a mesh for an airport that is fairly detailed enough to show thecurves in the runway (i.e the elevation of the runway at cretain points along the runway, because it isn't just flat!!!) I would like to make a mesh that starts at one end of the runway and follows the gradient of the runway (not to be exactly perfect, but show the general slope of the runway) Ihope you understand what I am saying. If not I can draw diagrams to explain. Obviously I want to make the mesh conver the airport so you don't just have a ditch thing where the runway is....if this were possible it would add soo much to Flight Simulator!!! Has it been tried before? Thanks, Matthew

Guest christian

It's not going to work for several reasons:- the runway command can only draw flat polygons.- even if you don't use the runway command but paint the airport onto the mesh (very complicated), the runway will be made of 2-4 or so polygons. That will make your runway really bumpy. You'd really need a spline, but that's not supported by FS2002.- the mesh is gridded at fixed points. If you want to have just one sloped polygon, you just can't do it with FS2002...Cheers, Christian

What about a very, very long object with the helipad attribute?Could you land on that? Disappear through it or Crash?