Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

creating mesh - inf problem? procedure failure...

Hello alli am trying to build a mesh, i created a testimage called "mesh.raw" in Photoshop, then i create the .inf file as descripted in the TerrainSDKwhen using the batch, there is a message that says:[meshnew.tmf] doesn't seem to contain DEM or Class dataBounding rectangle set to the entire earth.where am I wrong?here my inf:[Destination] DestDir = "." DestBaseFileName = "meshbase" UseSourceDimensions = 1[source] Type = ElevS16MSB SourceDir = "." SourceFile = "mesh.raw" Lat = -11.250000 Lon = -75.000000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 256 NumOfLines = 256 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.01000000000000000000 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.01000000000000000000 ScaleinMeters = 100.000000my batch:@echo offresample mesh.inftmfcompress meshbase.tmf meshnew.tmfdel meshbase.tmftmf2bgl meshnew.tmf mesh.bgldel meshnew.tmfand my raw -file is just a simple RAW -image, done in photoshop, greyscale (8bit) 256x256 pixelanyone knows the problem or a solution?thank you for future responsFrancis Baca

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I find out that it was wrong using a .RAW file... now i converted the image to a .dem with grises50.exe, and i don't get anymore any error message.i just can see the bgl with the "tmfviewer" of MS-SDK, but not in the FS2002.Is the LOD too big? how does FS2002 manage Mesh -priorities? in reference to their LOD?Thanks for any helpFrancis Baca

Hi Francis,>Is the LOD too big?What LOD are you using?>how does FS2002 manage Mesh -priorities? in reference to their LOD?1) When the LOD values differ, the higher LOD level mesh file is used.2) When the LOD values are the same, the higher source data resolution mesh file is used.>i just can see the bgl with the "tmfviewer" of MS-SDK, >but not in the FS2002.This is usually because the source area is not large enough for the LOD used, but you are successfully creating a bgl file. Other possibilities include problems with how the mesh is installed and, rarely, incorrect designation of North/South East/West hemispheres in the inf. Your source data is for the Peru area, right?If you are uncertain about how LOD works, I have some discussion of LOD issues on my Tips page, and an Excel LOD calculator you can download from my Resources page.Regards, Stevewww.fs-traveler.comPS: If you use the resample.exe included in the FS2002 SDK, you can omit the other processes in your batch file; it creates the bgl directly.