Sign in to follow this  

Freeware mesh tools?

As part of a scenery project I'm planning, I need to add elevation to an island that MS left far too flat - they got the outline more or less right, but it's a couple of hundred feet shorter than it should be!Now, it's small enough that I could just dump FSSC flatten areas at some of the peaks and leave it at that, but is there a basic tool (freeware) for rebuilding small areas of mesh?Ideally, something like the LandClass Assistant program, except for mesh tweaking?Brian.

Brian,An easy tool is Grises50. Try Flightsim.com.You make a 257x257 pixel area in greyscale with a program like Paint Shop Pro. The black would be at ground level and then various shades of grey would determine the height of the ground, with the lightest being the highest point/s.Use this in conjunction with the free Microsoft tools, FS2000 SDK Terrain.Full instructions are given with Grises50 and the SDK.