Sign in to follow this  

Hi All...

Just wanted to introduce myself. Been playing FS2002 for a while now and have started to get into scenery design. I've been looking at the various mesh scenery and looking at making my own but it is hard getting hold of high LOD elevation data for my area. I'm in Cairns, Australia. I have downloaded the SATPAC mesh for Australia but some of the terrain around Cairns is just plain wrong. Anybody who has been to Cairns would know about the Pyramid. It is a 922m high mountain about 20km south of Cairns that from the north looks exactly like a giant pyramid. It is one of the major landmarks of Cairns. I have yet to see this accurately shown in MSFS and want to edit the mesh to fix it. The altitude is correct but the shape is all wrong.I was wondering if it were possible to edit the mesh that already exists. In other words is there a convertor that 'decompiles' the bgl mesh files into files that can be edited? At a guess it might be something similar to SCASM but I could be off on the wrong tangent.Anyway, I'll keep plugging away but if anybody has any suggestions feel free to throw them at me.