Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ideas

"Noise" in SRTM Data

Guest Ideas

Is there any way to remove the excess noise from the SRTM data files? I am trying to do up the Island of Guam, but the 1x1 arcsec data has so much noise data that there are 11 meter elevations that are in the ocean. The 1x1 data does a great job on the Island, but when I tried to eliminate the 11M data the nice coastline went away also.Someone please tell me how to solve my dilema!

Hi,I wrote a sript (alpha-version), which converts .hgt-fils into .raw-files and back. So you can edit your SRTM-Data in a paint program. You can find the script in the "Fly general discussion forum". (todays post)The FlyII .ras Format is ident with the SRTM .hgt format. So just name the outputfile of my RAW2RAS-conversion yourfile.hgt.Maybe this helpsHarald