Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacosmit

African Meshes

Hi all,I think I looked on all imaginable sites to find some african meshes and their seems to be close to none, I have that great south African Mesh that is here on Vatsim but finding others looks impossible even under FS200 or FS2002. So I am sad... For me it looks quiet important because i lived for myself 13 years in Za

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have planned to do an africa terrain mesh. Still waiting for the srtm 90 meter database to be released and last time i heard from "them" the release was delayed but is expected to be at the latest by june this year. As soon as the data is released at usgs's ftp site there will be meshes covering Africa with good quality. If you are interested in Africa in fs2004 you can download a brand new landclass file covering entire Africa and Madagascar. And there is also a mesh file there covering S00-S20, E32-E36. That mesh files are resampled to lod8 from the SRTM30 database. Look at the bottom of that awful page..... www.fotoscenery.com (press "English" for an english page)www.fotoscenery.com

Thx for the site and also I will check for you about the files you planning to release on Africa, can't wait flying over some beauty african scenery :)Thx again

I have purchaced 25m and 50m raw data of South Africa from SA Surveys and Mapping and is currently trying to figure out how to get it into FS.