Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Problems with default FS2002 "flatten" mesh

Hi everybody,I'm working on the scenery of my province (Alava): mesh, photoreal texture and some buildings. For the mesh, after some time surfing on the web and forums for the "best and easy" way to do it, I chose the SRTM data from NASA and STRM_to_BGL software (thanks to its author); also thanks to Julio Estefania and the SMG group by their support. The results it's OK (not perfect because of the SRTM 3" data).I have a problem with two marshes located in the region: in the default FS2002 scenery, they are flattened areas, so even if I put my scenery on a higher layer on scenery.cfg file, I get that areas with sharp cliffs in the border between my mesh and the flatten areas. As you can imagine the flattened areas doesn't correspond perfectly with the scenery real locations. If I switch off the default scenery, the STRM mesh I get in the marshes it's quite good.So the question it's if someone knows how to "remove" some specific default flatten areas.Thanks a lot.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi.This is something of a FAQ by now :) The default flattens come from the lakes. You can edit the flattens out of the default files to have your scenery work properly, with the obvious catch that you need to track which of the default files you've modified. Anyone else producing scenery in the same area could cause a clash, where you each change the same file in different ways.Check here : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchCheers,Jim Keir.