Sign in to follow this  

Re: KSAW & KMQT

Guys and Gals!Has anyone seen any AI traffic at KSAW (Sayer AFB, WI)?I am trying to develop an AI airport at nearby KMQT (Marquette County) and cannot see any traffic here or at the above being the nearest 'MS default'. Would appreciate any feedback :-))Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

I may have solved the puzzel myself - UNICOM!!The entry in the default USGLAF05.BGL for KSAW shows a Unicom and an ATF frequency. When the UNICOM is changed to 'Tower' there were no AI aircraft on the ramp but when the ATF is removed (and the UNICOM is still a 'Tower' freq.) then, hey presto, the aircraft appear!!So for KMQT. The plates I have show a UNICOM frequency so I just changed it to 'Tower' and again the AI aircraft appear.OK, so in the 'Help' for AFCAD Lee talks about needing a 'Tower' frequency but I never realised it was meant so litterally :-))Maybe someone can confirm my findings- just in case?Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

... any takers? ...Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Guest Grunt

Yep...I added a 'tower' to KPHN and some more ramp spots as well as some AI flights with AFCAD and TTools witout a hitch!

You are on the spot Peter you need an actual "tower" frequency. I use a slight variation of the unicom frequency for my tower frequency.