Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiZBUG

American Airlines Flight Plans

I have recently uploaded AI flight plans for American Airlines to my website:http://www.buckeyediscus.com/fs2002/(I've also uploaded them to the AVSIM library)These plans are a 7 day schedule for American Airlines. You must have TTools to add this to your traffic.bgl file. (this file was created with real life data downloaded from the Department of Transportation and depicts actual movement of American Airlines by N-number for the week of Feb 1 to Feb 7, 2002).Exceptions are listed on the webpage.Thanks-john

Where did you get the info, on there website? (if yes, what is the URL?)Thanx,Jurgen

Confused --- to say the least...The N-Numbers reported either looked up at the FAA or the N-Numbers reported by the DOT are really messed up.I just did a check on N405AA at the FAA - states it is a Balloon.I check AA site and search for status of the flight and it states it is a McDonnell Douglas MD-80 that makes that leg.In short ... I have no clue which aircraft to use or if the N-Numbers are correct.I do know that this is data which is compiled by DOT and my data is correct as far as the DOT is correct.-john

Guest GiZBUG

Is there a zip file to get all the planes required for your AI Traffic tracks? Or do I have to manually dl all of them somewhere?

Check out the following site:http://www.frank-wolfram.purespace.de/I looked up AA's fleet and found an entry for N405A (as opposed to N405AA) and it says that N405A is a DC-9-82 -- and as I understand it, that is an MD plane. I just don't know why the DOT's website lists N405AA. Doing Southwest was weird because the DOT has only partial N- numbers for them, like N522 instead of N522SW.Anyway, I've got a couple of questions for you, VJ:What do you do with all the unknown tail numbers? It appears that these are flights that never took place because the actual departure times and actual elapsed times for these flights are zero. There were a lot of unknown flights departing DFW for 2/5.Also, since the DOT website doesn't track international flights, this will leave a large amount of aircraft sitting around at airports for hours and even days at a time when in reality they are flying international routes. Do you have any plans to add in the international flights?Thanks,John Taylor

Ahh... so do you think there's an 'easy' way to clean this mess up?Unknown Tail Numbers:I deleted them :)Let me explain. If there is a flight that has an unknown tail number which was actually N405A (hehe) and it was not 'timed correctly' anyway my schedule for N405A would have had a hole it in no matter what. i.e. if the unknown flight was a flight from ORD to CMH my schedule for that tail N405A would have shown MIA to ORD and the next leg would have been CMH to ORD ... telling me that the leg for that tail number ORD to CMH was missing and I would have put it in with a flight number of 0 and a time midway between the last flight and the next flight.International Flights: I personally have no 'desire' to do them unless I can find information available which lists the proper N-Number (very doubtful), however, if anyone else wants to give it a go and incorporate them into my plans we can talk :-lol. And yes, this does create a severe parking problem at some airports but ... thank God for Add A Gate :)-j

Where did you get the info ?????