Sign in to follow this  

Two runway operation

Some help on how I get both runways at say Heathrow operational. Standard FS2002 uses 9L/27R to land and take off as it is the longest runway. I changed the length using AFCAD to be the same as 9R/27L and closed 27R for landing. Now the AI planes are using 27L for landing and take off. How do I get it to use 27R for take off while leaving 27L for landing?ThanksNigel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nigel u need to:1)restore both runways to their original length.2)establsh which runway is active.in this case with a westerly wind it will be 27R.3)Open AFCAD and close runway 27R/9L at both ends.4)This should cause planes to land on the longest runway eg.27R and take off 27L the shorter of the 2.Hope that fixes your problem.Steve

Hi,I've noticed a lot of replies in the past saying you should close one runway etc etc, I myself just told AFCAD that both LHR rwys were the same length and traffic departed on 27L and arrived on 27R.Was testing frame rates for different AC and had 30 737's depart in line with a quick return, in fact the first a/c landed as the 10th departed!While I've not tried closing runways etc does this mean you have to close it once or for end end and what advantage is there in doing so?Rgds Ron

When on Easterlys at LHR, 09L isn't used for Takeoffs (as the climbout overflys the delightful village of Hounslow). So it should be 09L for landing and 09R for takeoff.Westerleys can be either way round, but to be truly accurate the Takeoff and landing runways would need to switch at 3:00PM.Ta,Chris.P.S. The way things are going I can see someone developing something that will do it!