Sign in to follow this  

How many kinds of aircraft can be AI??

Hi, could someone kindly help a biginner?I have approximately 50 aircrafts in my FS folder. Using AiShuffler, only 15 kinds of aircraft type are assigned to AI. Is this a kind of limitation that I have to live with or is there any way to larger the selection of aircraft type? Wonder if I manually edit aircart.txt can make it.Appreicate any help.Yuki

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Yuki,I don't think there is any limit to the types, I tried AI shuffler and had the same problem with aircraft I was already using, so its a program problem there. (or its me, quite possible :-eekRgds Ron

Yuki,Just for info I have 360 (and counting!) aircraft for use with AI!If you look at "World Routes" (in the library as worldai10a.zip) there are 1090 listed for potential use.So I guess there is no real limit - only your time and patience in setting them all up )Have fun flying AI ....Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Ron, Peter,Thank you for reply. Everytime I run AiShuffler I get different selection of aircraft. But number of aircraft type is almost same all the time. This would be a result of algorithm used in AiShuffler. I would like to wait for update of the program.Yuki

Hi, an update.A finding. First, aircraft.txt generated by TTOOL should includes all aircraft in my aircraft folder of FS. Yet dont have exact idea of what sequence those aircraft to be listed in the cofig though, need to add aircraft following defult aircraft listed up to AC#36.Secondly, AiShaffler does not recognize aircraft type not listed in air_class.cfg file. Therefore, need also list AC type for my own collections. Seems AC type should match to what FS recognize. In aaddition, the type should be same as shown in UI_type in aircraft.cfg of each aircraft. I think a list of AC has been posted in this Avsim library.Following above two, I could successfully add more aircraft type to AI use.Regards,Yuki