Sign in to follow this  

Bill Molony's KATL

Good Morning All,Just wanted to say that if you haven't yet installed Bill's KATL 4 runway update, RUN, don't walk, and get it (file name aikatlm1.zip). I installed it yesterday and I have to say that KATL is now wonderful. Installation is a snap if you follow Bill's instructions. I now have Delta traffic where it should be and the best is that all 4 runways are in use!Great job, Bill!

Hi Gerald,Ooooh, thanks for the super kind words!Good for the ego! :)Glad to hear you are enjoying the changes.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Hmmm, I followed this "snapping" installation but I can't get it to work...I am using the PAI flightplans. Before Bill Molony's KATL I used another AFCAD file for KATL, I restored the original file first as instructed, followed the installation procedures that came with Bill Molony's KATL and Compiled after installation. When I start at KATL from the "create a flight menu" selecting the active runway, I will start at Runway 8R. All traffic though (both take off and landing) are using 9L. Also it seems that only the default gates from KATL are being used instead of the gates from KAT1 to KAT8. From the ATC menu window KAT1 to KAT8 can be selected though...Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong?

>I am using the PAI flightplans.>>Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong? Did you reassign any of the PAI flightplans to use the new airports? :)

Good call, Bill. I used the Airport ID Swapper program Bill M. included in the zip and wound up with traffic all over the airport.Bora, just use this program and follow Bill M's step by step and you'll end up with lots of traffic scattered throughout the concourses. It's really quite easy.Hope this helps.

One more thought, you have to select one of the KAT's for your flightplan or you will end up with very few gates and will always be sent to 8R26L or 9L27R.

Hmmm, more nice words! Thanks guys!Sorry I have not responded earlier. PC has been down the last couple of days. I just installed Win XP and ran into some unexpected hassels. Think I have it all under control now...FINALLY! :) But still have not reinstalled FS2K2. Guess that is next on the Agenda. After all, gotta have some priorities ahead of FS! :)As for some of the things brought up...Bora, as both Father Bill and Gerald mentioned, that is almost certainly the problem. You can't have any AI Aircraft at the gates unless you have Flight Plans using those new overlay Airports. All of your Flight Plans should now be using KAT1, KAT2, etc. and not KATL.That is a fairly complex process to do, but I tried to explain the basic process in the ReadMe file. If you are running into specific problems, don't hesitate to email me and I'll do my best to offer specific advice.And Gerald, yes, I am unfortunately very aware of the Airport Selection Menu problems. There is no way I can find to exclude all those extra Airports such as KAT1 or KAT8 from the list. And even if I could, as you pointed out, then there would probably be no way to use the additional gates for your own aircraft.I could not even make it so that the main description shows up as the one selected. Even if you select KATL, the description still shows up as being the one assigned KAT1. I guess that's because, alphabetically, KAT1 is the first one in the list followed by KAT2, 3, ...KAT8, and finally KATL.Guess the guys as MS had no real idea we would all be getting into the AI Aircraft thing so deeply! :) You think they might need to do a clean up on their crystal balls???? :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Bill:Are these overlays compatible with the SimFLyer's KATL scenery??Thanks,Phil

Hi Phil,I have no idea. Never used SimFLyer's scenery.I guess it depends on how much the runways and taxiways have been changed. If any of SimFLyer's runways and taxiways have been moved substantially from the way they are placed in FS2K2, then it probably would not work as well.On the other hand, if the SimFLyer's KATL scenery is pretty faithful to the real airport, I would imagine they would work. I do know for a fact that if you take a satellite image of KATL and superimpose it over a top down view of the airport from FS2002, it is absolutely amazing just how closely they match! I think it is obvious that MS must have used satellite imgagery for most of the major airports.Probably the only way to test my AFCAD layouts would be to install them and try it. First, make a backup of your ...FS2002SCENEDBAFDFILESSCENERYusseaf11.bgl by copying it some place else outside of the FS2002 folders.Then install my AFCAD layouts as instructed and try them out. If you don't like the results, then close FS2K2, copy the usseaf11.bgl file back where it was, and restart FS2K2. You should then be back to the way it was.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Please Help...The filename listed in the first post of this thread (aikatlm1.zip) cannot be found here at Avsim. Is it here under a different filename?Thanks,DougWoodstock, GA

Folks, I apologize.I thought I had uploaded this file to AVSIM but I had not.So it should now be available as soon as they post it.Search for "Molony".Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)