Sign in to follow this  

NEW!!! GVP Voicepak Editor on AVSIM!!!

editvoicepack just uploaded to avsim...EditVoicePack is a utility designed to update the available words used by the ATC in Flight Simulator 2002 by combining existing words. It operates completely standalone and does not rely on the Microsoft SDK or the existing decompilers for the ATC voices.THANK YOU!!!Lars, you have just managed to join that exclusive list of "FS Heros" that include such notables as Lee Swordy, Jan Visser, and a dozen or so others whom I cannot recall at the moment (but everyone knows who they are!)Your utility program is priceless! This is SO much faster and easier than having to search out, cut-n-paste samples and recompile... Thank you for supplying the 'samples' that add new airlines and fix all of the existing problems!Kudos! I predict you will get awards for this marvelous piece of work.Initially, I had some doubts (not about your program... the damn .NET Framework d/l!). I had to d/l the .NET Framework file twice, then it crashed twice during self extraction...Finally, I simply went to the WindowsTemp directory, found the .exe file and managed to get the durn thing installed successfully.It took less than three minutes after that to load your app, import the sample file, and update the .gvp file. Bloody marvelous.Thanks again!

I can't agree with you more.Lars made another milestone to the flightsim!!!Thank you Lars.Now we could creat almost every callsign we want.Oh,that is amazing!!! Kenny Chen

Question for ya!!How do you get ATC to recognise you have these files now!!?Do I need to add something to my airlines.cfg file??THankshttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

>Question for ya!! >>How do you get ATC to recognise you have these files now!!? >>Do I need to add something to my airlines.cfg file?? Did you read the "User's Guide?""While ATC can use any new phrases as soon as you have updated the voicepack, you will not be able to select them in the callsign dropdown box when you select a plane. The list of callsigns displayed is controlled by a file called Airlines.cfg in your Aircraft directory. The Update "Airlines.cfg" will update the file with allairlines defined in the original voicepack, as well as any additional airlines currently loaded into EditVoicepack."ATC will use the new names/phrases as long as you modify the aircraft.cfg file for:atc_type=atc_model=According to the paragraph above, the only reason you might want to update the airlines.cfg would be if you wanted to *SEE* the new airlines in the drop box.Bill

Hmmm...At the time of posting this message I had not downloaded the file yet. Thus the question!!Thanks for the info!!Laterhttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Captain Barfbag

Ouch, I've been caught in the .NET!Like an earlier post, I'm having trouble figuring out the .NET Framework thing. I got to the Microsquash site, but then I got a blank screen when I go to Get Net (or whatever it's called.)My primitive town, while it does have a real airport with a tower (KBED), does not boast high-speed internet. For me, a "good" connection is about 31K on dialup. When you say it's a "big download," does that mean a meg or 2, or should I ask a fat-pipe friend to get it for me?I'm afraid this .NET thing might require the user to be on-line. Is that true for first-time initialization, or do I need to be on-line just to run it?This looks like a great tool. I hope I can run it without phone conflicts with the wife and daughter. Thanks.

Guest lmoelleb

Big in this case is 20MB.... Please notice that .Net covers a lot of things (basically anything after Microsoft got tired of calling programs anything with 200x) - this is the .Net Framework. It's simply a new runtime system much like java has it. It does not require you to be online at all - not doing installation, initialization, or use.

>Ouch, I've been caught in the .NET! >>Like an earlier post, I'm having trouble figuring out the >.NET Framework thing. I got to the Microsquash site, but >then I got a blank screen when I go to Get Net (or whatever >it's called.) That part of the site will only function well with MSIE v6.0At 20Mb, you best find a 'fat pipe' friend! :)

I clicked the "here" link in Lars' Readme.htm file and 1.5 hours later at 44kb I had the little blighter!Worth every minute!Rodders